Smartship Australia is a centre of excellence in advanced human factors based maritime training, supported by full mission high-fidelity simulation.
Smartship Australia is a purpose built, modern facility providing ample space to house five simulators, training rooms, debriefing rooms and passive recreation for centre users. Facilities include:
- clients lounge and dining rooms
- wi-fi for visitors
- fully equipped training rooms with facilities to playback all simulator scenarios
- showers and change rooms.
The 5 simulators comprise:
- primary full-mission bridge (FMB) simulator – 16 m diameter with 360° field of view (FOV) including connected bridge wings
- secondary FMB simulator – 12 m diameter with 240° FOV and rear monitors for astern view
- tug simulator with 360° FOV and ability to simulate all tug propulsion systems including rotor configuration
- two part-task simulators for general training – 120° FOV
- all simulators equipped with navigation and command system NACOS 65-5 from SAM Electronics
Simulator software and hardware delivered by FORCE Technology.
The simulators can be operated independently or integrated in any arrangement depending on training needs.
Smartship is a unique training tool where emphasis has been put on an efficient transfer of skills through very realistic simulations of:
- ship manoeuvrability
- port and fairways
- environmental factors such as wind, current, tide, rain, fog and day/night conditions
- equipment malfunctions
- top quality high-definition visuals.